Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Trout Creek Bible Camp!

Trout Creek Bible Camp...

If I learned anything from camp, it is that God constantly loves us more that we can understand, and that He calls us to constantly love others. He fills up our cup past the brim to where it overflows, but He does that so that it can be completely emptied again. Then He fills it over and over again.

And that process is what I learned more about at Trout Creek. Every week a new group of kids who had different stories to share came because God brought them there. I learned not to judge those kids who were jerks and cheated during team comp, because I don't know their stories. I learned not to quench the Holy Spirit's work in the lives of people everywhere; just because we don't know what's going on, doesn't mean the Holy Spirit can't work.

Mostly I learned that loving people is a full time commitment, not just when you feel like it...love is a choice we make every day. And God chooses to have love for us every day, even though we are jerk kids and cheat during team comp...even though we treat loving people like it's a random "whenever we feel like it" act.

I think our idea of love, and God's idea of love are completely different. God touched lepers and died for everyone, even though He knew that many He died for would never choose to love Him back.

I learned that even if no one ever chose to love Jesus, He would still have come down and died on the cross, just so that He could at least give us the choice to choose Him.

Mmm the more I learn about Jesus, the more I figure out that there is so much I don't know.

God is so good.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 20, 2009 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Ben said...

"Mostly I learned that loving people is a full time commitment, not just when you feel like it...love is a choice we make every day."

This is very good. Love is one of the greatest things we can do as Christians. And learning to love unconditionally is one of the greatest struggles, but we're called to it. Sheesh, Tye Dye. Great stuff here

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home